Wednesday 11 November 2015

Ramblings of a Young Adult, Part V

Photo 5.1
   My sister’s birthday is close. I dread birthdays. They remind me of my own mortality. I should probably sort my life out. I need to move out and start a family. It’s the only way you stay relevant nowadays. Anyways, I need a present, something cheap and worthwhile.  $25 should be sufficient; it’s two and a half hours of my pay. A Venus Flytrap would be convivial. She could embellish and nurture it at her office cubicle. No, that won’t do. They need sunlight, a lot of them. I must say, it’s a bargain for $7. How about a Miracle Berry tablet? They alter your sense of taste naturally. Sour grapes, pomegranates are now sweet. Hah! I will never challenge her to a lemon-eating contest after that. It lasts an hour and I could get it for a 12x12 pack. It’s efficient.

Photo 5.2
  I would also like to think we’ve matured as siblings. The last time I heard from her, she was volunteering in the plains of Africa for a wildlife association. If that is true, I can buy her a Life Straw. Life Straws makes contaminated water safe to drink. At least, that’s what the website says. It’s ideal for an adventurous soul like her. I don’t know really, I am muddled in thought. A Hurricane Ball could represent my current state of mind. It spins at an astonishing 3000 rpm. Again, it’s all for a measly price of under $25. In actuality, I might just settle for a pair of Googly Eyes. She has always been the life of the party; and it is reminiscent of our childhood pranks.

Photo 5.3

   If there’s nothing else, I have to sleep now. Tomorrow, the cycle of life repeats at work; tomatoes, onions, lettuce, special sauce and buns, ‘Special Burger, coming right up!’


Photo 5.1 Source: https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2015/04/26/03/09/plant-carnnivora-739985_640.jpg

Photo 5.2 Source: https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2015/03/14/10/53/ghana-673065_640.jpg

Photo 5.3 Source: https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2015/01/09/15/12/moss-594461_640.jpg


Written, Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment