Monday 16 November 2015

Descent Sword Art Online


Daniel Marchetti

So, I’ve been watching anime for a while now, and if there’s one thing I’ve noticed in these few years, it’s that while most of my opinions are fine within the greater anime community, there are a few that could end up getting me confused stares.

And from the fraction of anime viewers who are more ‘passionate’, also possibly crucified.

One of these is that, while I can definitely see the flaws in the show, I still like all of the series known as Sword Art Online.

All of it.

But as I mentioned before, I can definitely see why other people don’t, and to them, I offer a charming, pleasant, only slightly low-brow alternative.

The abridged series, by something witty entertainment.

“But Author!” I here you cry, forgetting that you’re just yelling at a computer screen and I can’t actually here you. “How is a parody of the show going to satisfy my disappointment in the rushed nature and lack of character development in the show?!”

Well, let me tell you a tale!

While the first episode, like many other abridged series, isn’t that great, this abridged series actually has better character development than the show! Audible gasp!

I can’t say too much here, as I don’t want to spoil it, but let me leave you with this quote from the series to act as a hook.

But what’s the point of other people if not to mock them? – Kirito

 

No comments:

Post a Comment