Wednesday 11 November 2015

Ramblings of a Young Adult, Part IV

Photo 4.1
   I always thought I had it in me to change the world. I have always been cynical to the rich in school. I may have been jealous, heck, I really did. ‘If I had the money, I would give it to the poor,’ I would convince myself otherwise. I don’t know, today, I really ponder that maybe some indulgent habits have caused them to shoot themselves in the foot. Maybe, life isn’t black and white after all. ‘Imagine if I was the President, I would allocate funds to our infrastructure, our education, our local businesses,’ these are the tales I would tell myself too; except, reality is different, those things takes time. Time: a commodity our current electoral systems circumvent.


   I do regret a few decisions in my life. I should have applied for higher education. I was naïve. $40,000 in loan debt for university courses is alarming. I was scared. But then, I heard that professional jobs pay well. I have heard that graduates are jobless too. Frankly, I have heard many things. ‘Do what you love,’ ‘just be yourself,’ ‘everything happens for a reason,’ ‘don’t sweat the small stuffs,’ ‘it’s fine, everything will be alright.’ They need to stop. I think there’s so much information, little truth. 

Photo 4.2
*For more cliché, overused quotes, click here.


Photo 4.1 Source: https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2015/01/03/08/39/rupees-587271_640.jpg

Photo 4.2 Source: https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2015/10/29/09/46/books-1012088_640.jpg


Written, Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment