Sunday 20 October 2013

The Thermomix: God’s Gift to the Kitchen


 If you haven’t yet been made aware, you soon will be. There is a new super appliance in the kitchen world. The Thermomix. My mother can’t stop talking about it, raving about it, discussing recipes to make in it. Not that I’m complaining, I get made breakfast every morning.

What is the Thermomix you ask? Well it’s a mega machine. Self described as ‘the world’s smartest, smallest kitchen.’ It does everything! It blends, beats, mixes, chops, emulsifies, mills, kneads, cooks, stirs, melts, steams and weighs. Basically it combines 10 appliances in 1, allowing you to cook with ease and in a smaller time frame. It comes with it’s own recipe book to get you going and encourages you to make everything homemade to help improve your family’s health. Sounds amazing, right? The only catch, it’s expensive. Retailing at $1939, buying one puts a bit of a dint in the budget. My mum and many of her friends insist it’s the greatest investment, and is worthwhile but honestly, all I have seen her do is spend even more money on a ton of ingredients so she can cook in her Thermomix. I shouldn’t criticize, home cooked meals seem to be a thing of the past but now the Thermomix is bringing them back.


I have found that the Thermomix is becoming a new culture in Australia. Mum is going to a different cooking class every other week, exchanging recipes over Facebook and making new Thermomix friends. It is slowly taking over Australia and I can see a Thermomix in most people’s future. Soon we won’t be able to cook without it! When I move out I’ll be so used to only cooking in a Thermomix, I’ll probably get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment