Wednesday 16 October 2013

Foo Fighters, Cats and Tatts


By EB


My last tattoo was inked well over ten years ago. I have four so far, and as the saying goes, if you can count your tattoos, you don’t have enough. I’ve wanted to get more for a long time, but just haven’t been sure what to get. I believe there is no rush. After all, you have the rest of your life to live with it. 

In September 2012, I went to the USA to see the Foo Fighters at the DeLuna Festival on the Gulf Coast in Florida. Three days of awesome music on the beach and driving around the US by myself was a life changing experience. I was also lucky enough to see the Fooies again in Central Park, New York a week later. 

When I got home, an idea started to form in my head – I wanted to get a tattoo to commemorate these events. I knew I didn’t want an obvious “band tattoo”, but I couldn’t think of what I did want. So I just sat on the idea, knowing that in time, something would come to me. 

A year later, I returned to the USA with my husband, and while we were exploring the  National Museum of the American Indian  in Washington DC, I came across a drawing of an Ocelot that stood out immediately. I knew straight away that I wanted to incorporate this design into a tattoo.

Below is what an actual Ocelot looks like, in case you were wondering.
Photo courtesy of National Geographic

“What has this got to do with the Foo Fighters?” I can hear you ask. Well, nothing, yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment