Sunday 20 October 2013

The Life of a Holiday-holic



My name is Kelly Ryan and I am addicted to going on holidays. I can’t sit still. I love exploring and going on new adventures.

I’ll admit it. I’m one of those annoying people on Instagram. No, not the one that only posts photos of their cat. The other one. The person that pretty much only posts photos of their holidays or dream destinations.  If I’m not traveling, I’m thinking about where I can go next. And working hard to get there.

Dream location number 271
Image by The Lux Traveller

Being an actor and student, I can really only hold a casual position in the workforce, which suits me fine because it means I can take off on a whim if a traveling opportunity arises. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I have a really good work ethic. I work really hard… for a few months. I’ve got a bit of a routine going now. I work for a good few months and save up as much as I can so I can go and explore somewhere new.

It has come to a point where I have a reserve bank account so I’m ready to go on those rare occasions where one of my friends will call me up wanting to go on a holiday next month, next week or tomorrow.

I troll the internet for good flight deals. I get excited every Friday when I get the Jetstar Friday Frenzy emails. I spend hours in bookstores reading Lonely Planet guides. It's an obsession. I have the travel bug and there is absolutely no curing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment