Monday 17 November 2014

Nutrition of the mind (SK)

By Sean Keating


I watch the chip packet slowly emptying as each chip I place into my mouth with great delight; the salt excites that bitter part of my tongue; of savoury delight of the new bacon and egg flavoured chips swim down my gullet. I HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF THIS FEAST FOR EIGHT YEARS.

Conceptually still in anticipatory state for the flavours dreamed, now realty. As each mouthful my brain swimming, in a state of pure tranquillity, the wait now over... The crunch of each chip between each bite... flavours reaching chemical receptors, tongue stimulated as the shooting along of each path of nerve cells talking to my brain, the chips are very moreish.

Mind, now Dickensian, pleads “Please sir, can I have some more...” The answer is always yes until the packet has served a purpose, the stomach now far from empty, as I look further at the T.V watching the movie ”Longitude”. Time passes by in its human definition talks to me of life and existence.

The mind now refreshed with that feeling of calm with a thirst of knowledge of history and of a journey within, of time. The now restful state keeps going as my active mind watches the screen, as each detail of each moment in time passes, preparing my head to accept the introduction of improvement by adding new pathways.

Construction within the mind continues as I prepare for another day with a chance to dream once more in a reality more real than in the state of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment