Monday 10 November 2014

Life outside without internet.


By James W.

For a couple of weeks now, the internet on my phone hasn't been working when I'm outside of the house. As someone who regularly travels to the city, between 40 - 50 minutes each way, I'm finding the lack of internet quite agitating. Luckily I have music on my phone that I can enjoy to pass the time.







(Obviously not quite the same but I can relate to this fellow internet-less person.)

All of this seemed to happen as I tried to put my phone on it's own account so I can pay for it on my own (it's currently on my dad's account, even though it's mine). For some reason, my file has been plagued with issues, even though I have no actual history with it. I won't bore everyone with the specifics, but not only am I having issues going on this independent plan, someone broke my phone. I'm not sure who, but the timing is too coincidental. I went back to the store and after about an hour, we all came to the conclusion of "wow, this is something we haven't seen before, we have no idea how to fix it". I know the technicians at Telstra aren't super humans, they're not the clerks from the Apple store as depicted by South Park, but it's all frustrating nonetheless.

I'm someone who loves being up to date with the news, as it happens. My phone is always in my hand or in my pocket, it's rarely out of sight. Ironically enough, I feel disassociated with the world as I'm walking amongst it. Who knows what I'm missing or what will happen throughout the day while I'm out of the house?

But enough with the melodramatics.

No comments:

Post a Comment