Sunday 21 September 2014

Passions and Past Lives (Part 5)

By AW


My past lives

If you have read these blogs thus far, you will be wondering about the diversity of subject material and the lingering questions. Let me pull it all together for you.

Past lives can be the cause, the source, of our passions!

Let me illustrate. I have had several incarnations in the Portuguese regions making port. Suffering the physical hardships of a basic lifestyle in a tough mountainous terrain which today evokes such awe and wonder that I can’t get enough of it. I was a pioneer winemaker in Rutherglen (Victoria) still the heart of the Australian port industry and I am pulled to return there at every opportunity.

I had two lives back-to-back on both sides of the atomic energy story. I was a toddler living in Hiroshima when the bomb was dropped in 1945, dying instantly. I was also a (dissenting) research scientist in Los Alamos, the US site for developing the atomic bomb before it was dropped on Japan. ‘Accidents’ often befell dissenters including me. In this life, I am both still fascinated by atomic theory and an avowed pacifist.

So which makes us who we are, genetics or past lives? Or both of course. I would suggest that past lives are a more significant component of our make-up if only because the genetic components are left behind at death whereas the past life memories carry forward to the next and the next and the next lives.

Want to know more? Have a look at Afterlife TV...

No comments:

Post a Comment