Saturday 9 November 2013

You can put your weed in there

by AC

Working as a sales assistant at a Smiggle kiosk I serve a lot of customers, and almost every day I work I get at least one odd customer.
 
One day when I was alone, I had this very intoxicated man stumble into the kiosk. From the look in his bloodshot eyes and the way he was moving and talking I was pretty sure he was on drugs and not drunk as I had first assumed.
 
He was carrying a backpack (probably full of drugs), was covered in tattoos, including two tear drops under an eye and kept leaning into my personal space.
 
My town was finally living up to its bad reputation and I wondered if I should start to worry about when I have to work by myself. The worst part about this guy was that he hadn’t just been attracted to the bright colours; he had intentionally come into the store.
 
He started asking me about our Booksafes, which are safes disguised as books. I showed him our current range and he said he would come back to get one. He then asked if we had some kind of iPhone cover and realising we didn’t he left, making sure I understood that he was going to check JB Hifi.
 
After he was gone, all I could wonder was if he had wanted to hide his drugs in the Booksafe and I wished I had quoted Adam Sandler in The Hot Chick saying, ‘you can put yourweed in there’ to him.
 
If you think you would enjoy a little thrill of danger in your work life, then a sales assistant job is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment