Friday 8 November 2013

Boost battle Beauty

by AC

I am unfortunate enough to have a job at a Smiggle kiosk that has been placed right next to a Boost Juice kiosk.
 
Boost Juice workers love to lure their customers with loud music (or maybe they’re just trying to drown out the incessant grinding of multiple blenders and the sound of them thumping juice out of containers and into their customer’s cups.)
 
Whatever the reason, I am subjected to a constant heavy bass drone that has me asking customers to repeat themselves and covering an ear so I can hear what people are saying to me over the phone. It’s enough to drive a poor Smiggler mad.
 
 
 
VS
 
 
 
 
I thought this was as bad as it could get, until one day at work I heard this horrible jumble of songs, as if Boost Juice was playing music from two different places. I wondered if the second source of music could be coming from the My Beauty Spot kiosk that had recently appeared on the other side of Boost Juice.
 
My manager confirmed this when she described her conversation with Boost’s manager to me. Apparently the two kiosks are competing with the volume of their music.
 
I understand that the businesses want to attract customers to their store and not lose them to the one next door with the louder music, but there’s no need for this battle of beats.
 
If you want to be able to hear yourself think at work, DO NOT get a job close to a Boost Juice bar or My Beauty Spot store.


No comments:

Post a Comment