Monday 19 November 2012

My Spiritual Warrior

                             A MOTHERS LOVE


There you were my spiritual warrior, fading away before my eyes. Your breath laboured, your skin pale, and clammy, your being fragile. You asked me if this was the end. I didn't want it to be the end, but I knew this was as much as your beautiful body would stand. Your spirit as bright as ever, you had no fear, no tears, no regret. You were, as you would say going home.

One by one we had a moment with you to hear for the last time your soft words of wisdom. I wanted so much more, I was not ready to say goodbye.You were tired and ready to go, your soul returning to the source, for rest and rejuvenation.

So now I miss you and feel the absence of your physical being. No more hugs and kisses, no more soft touches of reassurance no more long chats on the phone and afternoons in the sun.

I call you in my dreams and you always come. Sometimes I want to sleep forever just to stay with you close by. Here I can feel you, your hugs and your love, it is here that I feel restored.

You promised we would meet again. For now I have memories and photos and stories that my children recount of the world you so generously shared with them. I am so lucky to have had you as my mother.

Melissa Freedman

1 comment: