Thursday 28 August 2014

The Joys of Redundancy Stage 2

By JAB

I am a few weeks into my redeployment phase and applying for jobs. I am choosing carefully. Not just any jobs but ones I think would be a-shoe-in for me. I spend many hours constructing and reconstructing my CV and cover letters to highlight my skills and achievements. I am applying for jobs where I can confidently meet all the key selection criteria. I detail my experience. I am quite upbeat. After all I have 13 weeks to reinvent myself.

I spend many hours appraising my situation. What is it I want from my next job? How many hours do I want to work? Where do I want to work? Will there be a work-life balance and enough time for me to pursue my dreams? Will I be able to schedule some holidays with my husband? Will I be able to travel interstate at short notice to visit my aging parents? I am dying to retire, but still wishing to interact in a professional environment and keen to earn decent money. I’m not yet ready to work in the local café. I’m not yet ready to choose to do volunteer work.

Perhaps I am demonstrating signs of being a job snob. All I really know is that I have sound qualifications and vast experience and want to find work in a meaningful setting with authentic people. Surely that is not unreasonable.





No comments:

Post a Comment