Sunday 21 July 2013

Why I want to be a writer

People choose to be writers for a number of reasons.  Some for commercial success, others for fame and fortune, hoping to be the next J.K. Rowling.  The real reason I wan to be a writer is to perhaps hone my humble skills to such an extent, so as to one day produce a best seller. But the most important thing for me is to be true to my craft, to be true to myself. I will not write to suit the market, which no doubt will be good for finances, rather I wish to write from the heart. About what I hold dear, about what I feel greatly about, about those universal truths that never change or go away, even through the passage of centuries.  Is that possible in this brave new world? Yes. I say it is. Even in this age of mass production and mass consumption, something of value will survive.

Ivy D'Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment