Monday 29 July 2013

It's SNOT that hard... or is it?

By HH

I am the proud mother of two boys!
They are 14 months apart. I’ve had a few people take their hats off to me, but I am neither the first nor the last brave mother to have her kids this close.
It is hard work. It’s that simple. HARD WORK.
But you learn as the days pass to become a really great juggler in your new life at the circus. Of course you are dressed as the sad clown. That’s due to lack of sleep so I guess the sad clown make-up is a blessing then!
I am trying my best to get back on the writing band wagon to entertain you all with my mummy-in-traning antics.
There is so much to tell, and it may come out in dribs and drabs so please forgive me.
How was my week?
Baby #1 is sick with a cold, full of snot he licked baby #2 and now he's is sick with a cold too. Off to the doctor, who advised it was a throat viral thingy and antibiotics are required. Thank God baby #2 is young enough to just swallow the medicine with a confused, shocked, (what is this crap?) look on his little face.
Baby #1 on the other hand is an entirely different story. He can not be reasoned with and has excellent mouth clenching abilities. After a battle and many tears the only way to get this medicine in there is to hold him down, and shove the syringe into the back of his throat while he gags and splutters and I’m sure he hates my guts.
I’m the mum- it’s my job I have to do it. So cleaning snot has been on the agenda this week. Listening to the kids cough and sneeze and breathing like monsters overnight. I’m not getting much sleep worrying about them. Sad clown make-up has turned into ‘Return of the Living Dead’ zombie face.
I’m soooo beautiful right now! Not.
Tomorrow is another day.
Good night my monkeys, mummy loves you.



Photo: My monkeys. Xander and Slater.

No comments:

Post a Comment