Monday 30 September 2013

From Carnivore to Herbivore

By Morgana Hassan
 


I recently went on a detox that made some profound changes in my eating habits and the way I look at food. I used to LOVE meat however after having to eat like a vegan for 15 days for my detox program, I became much more attuned to eating fruits and vegetables.
At first having to cut meat and all meat products from my diet was very painful and I was having withdrawals, but now I can’t stand meat! I realised this when my partner cooked a steak for me and I couldn’t find the nerve to actually eat it.

What also encouraged my reformed eating habits were paying visits to vegan friendly restaurants throughout the 15 days. This truly opened my eyes to the vegan/vegetarian world. Such places like the Tofu Shop, Chi Kitchen, Krua Thai, Crossroads and the Veggie Bar have inspired me to remain a vegan (or at least a vegetarian) after my detox.

It’s been about month since my detox and apart from a few accidental times I’ve had meat I’ve stayed far from it. In addition, I no longer crave coffee or processed foods and soft drinks. I have much more energy than what I used to and now I can think with clarity without being interrupted with any daydreaming of junk food.
I feel much more healthier with the way I am now and I know my body is much more happy since making the switch.

If you feel like being inspired by some of Melbourne's best vegetarian and vegan hot spots, pay a visit via the link below.











No comments:

Post a Comment