Saturday 3 August 2013

Think before you ink

 By Morgana Hassan



I am currently in the process of having a tattoo removed and for those who wonder what it’s like, it's twice the pain for five times the cost (if not more).

Like some young adults, I once thought having an impulsive tattoo done would be considered a funky and fun idea, little did I know that half a year down the track I would grow sick of the design.
In my case, I honestly believed that having a tattoo that I designed myself would be a sentimental idea. I thought wrong.

I originally had a tattoo of writing on my arm that stated ‘Pride & Love’ in Arabic however after showing it to some friends of mine who can speak and read the language they told me it was illegible. One Egyptian man told me that the writing looked like ‘God loves me’ but after seeking several opinions from other people, I think he was just trying to make me feel better about this mistake.

I was also sick of strange random men at clubs or bars yanking me to the side by my arm just to get a closer look at my tattoo to read the writing. (Oh yes its more than once).
Plus I’m not religious. I don’t want anything to do with ‘God’ written on my skin. Personally I think it’s just stupid.

So with very little thought I decided to cover-up one problem with an even bigger one. The current tattoo that’s getting treated now is a crest that I hand drew. The final design I drew was perfect; however the tattooist I took it to tried to ‘straighten up’ the image, which left it looking far off from the original design.
He was clearly a rookie.

Getting a tattoo is serious business and it’s not to be treated lightly. If you want one you must deeply consider the meaning behind it. Also ensure to do heaps of research on the actual tattooist so you land yourself a proper professional who’ll take good care of you.

Once you’re happy with a final design and the tattooist to do the job, you’ll be guaranteed to be happy with the results in the long run.

So if you want to get a tattoo. Stop, think, then ink.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment